Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Blog Blast for Peace ~ Nonviolence

Yes ! That time again ! Blog Blast for Peace !

I am trying to write 4 posts on 4 different blogs today for Blog Blast for Peace ☺
This is all while our sewer backed up ( tree roots again ) and our dear little dog went missing !
So these posts are going to be short and not near as detailed as I'd like , but done none the less .
I really came to mediate on one theme well going over the topic of Peace within all aspects of our lives .
That theme being legacy & example .
The legacy which has been left to us by others who have led peace filled lives , the legacy we live today in the here and now as little ones observe & mimic , and the legacy yet to come which we will leave behind .
Today I write on this topic on my blog regarding abuse from once again the city labeled Canada's murder capital .
Since my last Blog Blast for Peace last yr. it appears the change to lessen crime in our city has not happened . We have more police on the streets and yes we now own and have an annoying police helicopter . This is progress ? Crime has not gone up and remained the same ?
You know my brother is still in prison in QC
 my Mother and I can deal with all the restorative justice we want , we can try our best to educate but the fact remains our legal system sucks . It is based on punishment and that is that .
No we are not in Syria . Don't get me wrong my ancestors came from Palestine & Syria so I do know there are worse off places to try and work for peace .
Yet the gangs grow , the lack of trust between neighbours , the ethnic & racial profiling & hate that goes on grows and grows.
I honestly am feeling quite the lack of hope here in Winnipeg .
 It is only through looking towards others right now who have lived in this that I am finding some hope . Frankly I don't know how some people who live within violence do it day in and day out .
as I write this I am getting ready to leave the city .A place where I can regroup , find my inner peace yet again .
I'm drained from dealing with a family bully . I need to take this time to re-evaluate my role my place etc.
put some boundaries in place perhaps .
I'm praying my brother will get out of a prison system with fa to few programs that help and the ones that do get cancelled unless they are funded by outside sources not the gov.
I worry that the people like my brother when they do come out they most often return to what they know not given any skills what so ever to learn how to deal with pain , anger etc.
so I just don't quite get how all these people are supposed to self teach themselves how to respect , care for themselves & others when all they've been taught is how to hate .
I see my area here growing in hate .
a world growing in hate .
I honestly just want to be with the birds & trees and feel the wind off the lake right now .
This post must sound depressing .I am not often like this .I am usually the optimist ;-)

It will not take long for that Rox to return ☺
I thought I'd write a huge peace promoting social & restorative justice but I think I'll just leave you with a few links and pics of people who inspire me and help restore my heart mind & soul to true contentment .
I think I'll also listen to the cassette tape our dd30 Natasha made when she was 9-10yo of Give Peace a Chance .
she is also a true pacifist like her Momma and an inspiration to me

Restorative Justice
Social Justice
Pax Christi
Development and peace
Project Peace on Earth
Amnesty International Canada
Canadian School of Peace Building




5 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and yours for peace today and in all the days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how people like Gandhi do it, either, but I am very glad that they do. They show the rest of us that it can be done. Peace be with you today and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rox, I hope the light of peace shines on your life. You sure have some reason to retreat. What works for me is the one smile that is not smiling to take from you, but to just acknowledge you are human. One smile in the fast motion of the city that is like an ocean with many dangers, but many beauties as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such honesty, such hurt, such frustration...but the thing that strikes me most is that you aren't giving up, but continue to capture the peace, continue to make a good life for yourself and your family, and continue to love your brother and have good wishes for him.

    I hope you recapture the peace you need to get you through life, Rox, and I send you positive wishes and thoughts that you might make peace with yourself over that bully. Things are testing you right now, but have hope you will get through this time and things will get better!

    Peace and happiness to you and yours x

    [your peace post will soon be linked into the patchwork peace quilt on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Ha, I just wrote you a long comment about things getting better, and my computer crashed! :-S )

    So, a little of what I said...

    I'm sorry that things aren't going so well for you at the moment, and I hope you find the peace you're looking for.

    What strikes me most about you from what you've said both here and at your other blogs is how you have had so much to deal with through your life, and yet, despite that (or maybe because of it) you have raised yourself up to give you and your family a better life, to find peace where there is hardship, to love your children and your brother unconditionally, and to set them a good example (someone's got to do it! :-) )

    I know you are feeling pain just now, but I wish to send you positive thoughts and wishes to add to your own, to hope that you find the peace to deal with all your problems, and to deal with that bully with peace inside. You are on the right path, and along the way you will find the strength you need.

    You are inspiring to others, who have had less to deal with, and you must be an inspiration to your family too...

    (I hope you found your dog)

    Peace and happiness to you and yours x

    [your peace post will soon be linked into the patchwork peace quilt on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' ]

    ReplyDelete